ARCHIVE: Monthly Activities Summarized
Activities for May 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
Activities for April 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
- April 2022 Newsletter.
- April 1, Friday: First Friday Walk, – 10 a.m. Village Park, Lawrenceville.
- April 5, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. -11:30 a.m.) location – at the West Windsor Library. Bring a mask.
- April 18, Monday: 1 -3 p.m. General Meeting at Morven; “Criminal Minds, Killer Handwriting” presenter – Terry Antoniewitz.
- April 22, Friday: at noon: Lunching Out – at Brick Farm Tavern.
- April 26, Tuesday: 3-5 p.m. New Members’ Tea, at Club President Connie Loukatos’ home.
- (cancelled-to be rescheduled) April 29, Friday: 9:30 a.m. Trip – to Clinton where there is a good small museum, historic village, lots of shops, and a couple of lunch options. Car pool from Kathy Hutchins’.
- April 29, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group – Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig, at Windrows, The Barnhart Room.
Activities for March 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
- March 1, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. – Zoom).
- March 4, Friday: 1 p.m., First Friday Walk, D & R Canal Path at Quakerbridge Road (Port Mercer).
- March 10, Thursday: Trip to The College of NJ art exhibit, titled “Meaningful Beauty: The Vibrant Vocabulary of Honeysuckles”. 10 a.m. car pool from Kathy Hutchins’ house.
- March 15, Tuesday: 12 noon, Lunching Out, Aja Asian Cuisine on Rt. 206 in Skillman.
- March 18, Friday: Trip to the Ellarslie Museum in Trenton to see the juried show “Painting the Moon and Beyond: Lois Dodd & Friends Explore the Night Sky”. 11:30 a.m. car pool from Kathy Hutchins’ house.
- March 21, Monday: 1 p.m. General Meeting at Morven; Joyce Felsenfeld, Princeton University Art Museum docent on “Notable Women in Art: How Many Can You Name?”
- March 25, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group, “Girl Waits with Gun” by Amy Stewart, at Marlene Gordon’s home.
Activities for February 2022:
- February 2022 Newsletter
- No trip in February.
- February 1, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. by Zoom).
- February 4, Friday: 1 p.m., First Friday Walk, Mercer County Park marina area (cancelled due to expected rain; to be rescheduled)
- February 11, Friday: 1 p.m., First Friday Walk, D & R Canal.
- February 16, Wednesday: US1 special issue on Women in Business, page 14 article, and ad with photos on page 12 about WCCPNJ.
- February 21, Monday: 1 p.m. General Meeting at Morven – Reverend Dr. David Mulford will speak on “The “Roaring Twenties and Its Presidents” (Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover). He will provide an overview of the 1920’s and discuss the presidents as individuals, and how they handled the issues of the times.
- February 24, Thursday: 12 noon, Lunching Out, Seasons52, MarketFair.
- February 25, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group, Please Look After Mom, by Kyung-Sook Shin. Janet Young’s home.
Past Activities for January 2022:
- January 2022 Newsletter
- No trip for January (see January 2022 Newsletter).
- January 4, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. by Zoom).
- January 7, Friday: 1 p.m., snow cancellation First Friday Walk, Alexander Rd. / D& R Canal
- January 21, Friday: 12 noon, Lunching Out, Cheesecake Factory at Quakerbridge Mall.
- January 24, Monday: General Meeting-cancelled (see January 2022 Newsletter)
- January 28, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group, Charming Billy by Alice McDermott. Janet Young’s home.
Past Activities for December 2021:
- December 2021 Newsletter with Flyer
- December 3, Friday, 10:30 AM: Walking Group at Rosedale Park, Pennington.
- December 7, Tuesday, Board Meeting. 9:30 a.m. at Connie’s.
- December 9, Thursday, noon: Lunching Out, Capuano’s at West Windsor.
- December 10, Friday: Book Group, Montana 1948, at Janet Young’s home.
- December 16, Thursday: Trip – Mitchener Museum in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, 9:30 a.m. carpool from Kathy’s.
- December 20, Monday: 1:00 PM, General Meeting, Holly Jolly Music and Sing-Along with Julie Markavitch-Caudle on Keyboard. Pianist Julie Markavitch–Caudle is the Director of Music at the First Presbyterian Church of Hamilton Square on Nottingham Way. December Program Flyer.
Past Activities for November 2021:
- November 2, Tuesday: Board Meeting
- November 5, Friday, 9:30 AM: Walking Group at Mercer County Park.
- November 6, Saturday: November 2021 Newsletter
- November 8, Monday, noon: Lunching Out, P.F. Chang.
- November 15, Monday: 1:00 PM, General Meeting, presenter Mr. William Hart: on “War of the Worlds–A West Windsor Story with a Plainsboro Twist”
- November 30, Tuesday: 1:30 p.m. Movie Group, meet at AMC Marketfair lobby, to see “Belfast”
- November: Book Group: no meeting. Next meeting in December.
- November: Trip: no trip for November. Next trip in December.
Past Activities for October 2021:
- October 1, Friday: 9:30 a.m.: Walking Group at Mercer County Park
- October 5, Tuesday: Board Meeting by Zoom.
- October 10, Sunday: October 2021 Newsletter.
- October 18, Monday: General Meeting Michele Granberg, Mindset Coach.
- October 22, Friday at noon: Lunching Out Acacia
- October 27, Wednesday: Trip to Lambertville, and Phillip’s Mill.
- October 28, Thursday: Book Group, at 1 PM, A Sudden Light book by Garth Stein.