ARCHIVE: Monthly Activities Summarized
Activities for September 2022
- Sept 2022 Newsletter
- September 8 Thursday, 10-11:30 AM Board Meeting at W. Windsor Library
- September 9 Friday First Friday Walk when: 9 AM, where: Mercer County Park marina parking lot.
- September 9 Friday 4:30 PM Movie Group “The Good Boss”Montgomery Cinema. A quick dinner after.
- September 13, Tuesday noon Lunching Out Seasons 52.
- September 16 Friday, Movie Group 2:45 PM “See How They Run” at Montgomery Cinema.
- September 19 Monday, 1-3 PM General Meeting: “Princeton The Nation’s Capital 1783 – A Talk with Many Images” Morven Education Center. Poster.
- September 29 Thursday Trip Phillips Mill art show, New Hope, PA; 10 AM carpool from Kathy’s. Photos.
- September 30 Friday 11 AM Book Group at Windrows Barnhart Room, Beyond the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.
Activities for August 2022
- August 2022 Newsletter
- First Friday Walk Due to the persistent heat, the walking group is postponing its August walk until September, when the weather is more cooperative.
- August 9, Tuesday, 2 PM Board Meeting at W. Windsor Library
- August 10, Wednesday, 4:50 PM, Movie Group “Vengeance” at the Montgomery Cinema and grab a slice or something next door afterwards.
- August 17, Wednesday, noon Lunching Out – Acacia in Lawrenceville.
- August 25, Thursday, Trip – State Museum of New Jersey on State Street in Trenton with lunch following at Malaga restaurant in Hamilton. 10:30 AM car pool from Kathy’s. Photos by Nora Ananos.
- August 26, Friday, 11 AM Book Group at Windrows, in the Barnhart Room. Island of a Thousand Mirrors by Nayomi Munaweera.
Activities for July 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
- July 2022 Newsletter
- Cancelled: July 8, Friday 8:30 AM: First Friday Walk Pole Farm/ Mercer Meadows.
- July 22, Friday 10:30 AM Trip and Lunching Out combined. Mercer County Senior Art Show (Photos) and lunch at Villa Maria (noon).
- July 25, Monday 1:30 PM. Movie Group – Montgomery Cinema, maybe “Crawdad,” or “Top Gun” or “Elvis” then hang out later next door to talk over the movies.
- July 29, Friday, at 11 AM. Book Group The Goddess of Small Victories by Yannick Grannec. Meet at Windrows’ Barnhart Room.
- July 31 Renewal Membership Dues
Activities for June 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
- June 2022 Newsletter
- June Walk: First Friday Walk (postponed later to June 22 Wednesday).
- June 8 Wednesday: Movie Group – Everything Everywhere All At Once at Montgomery Cinema, 4:30 p.m.
- June 14, (note new date)Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.) West Windsor Library.
- June 17 Friday: Movie Group – The Duke at Montgomery Cinema, 2:15 p.m.
- June 20, Monday 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. : Annual Meeting, Board Election, and Luncheon (reservation form) at Windrows’ Nassau Room. Photos by Nora Ananos.
- June Walk: First Friday Walk 9 a.m. June 22 Wednesday, where: Pole Farm on Cold Soil Rd. (part of Mercer Meadows). Park by the barn.
- June 24, Friday at 11 AM : Book Group – Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood, meet at Windrows’ Barnhart Room.
- June 27, Monday at noon: Lunching Out – Villaggio Iccara, 104 Yardville Allentown Rd, Hamilton.
- June trip – none
Activities for May 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
Activities for April 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
- April 2022 Newsletter.
- April 1, Friday: First Friday Walk, – 10 a.m. Village Park, Lawrenceville.
- April 5, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. -11:30 a.m.) location – at the West Windsor Library. Bring a mask.
- April 18, Monday: 1 -3 p.m. General Meeting at Morven; “Criminal Minds, Killer Handwriting” presenter – Terry Antoniewitz.
- April 22, Friday: at noon: Lunching Out – at Brick Farm Tavern.
- April 26, Tuesday: 3-5 p.m. New Members’ Tea, at Club President Connie Loukatos’ home.
- (cancelled-to be rescheduled) April 29, Friday: 9:30 a.m. Trip – to Clinton where there is a good small museum, historic village, lots of shops, and a couple of lunch options. Car pool from Kathy Hutchins’.
- April 29, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group – Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig, at Windrows, The Barnhart Room.
Activities for March 2022: click the links for more information about each event.
- March 1, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. – Zoom).
- March 4, Friday: 1 p.m., First Friday Walk, D & R Canal Path at Quakerbridge Road (Port Mercer).
- March 10, Thursday: Trip to The College of NJ art exhibit, titled “Meaningful Beauty: The Vibrant Vocabulary of Honeysuckles”. 10 a.m. car pool from Kathy Hutchins’ house.
- March 15, Tuesday: 12 noon, Lunching Out, Aja Asian Cuisine on Rt. 206 in Skillman.
- March 18, Friday: Trip to the Ellarslie Museum in Trenton to see the juried show “Painting the Moon and Beyond: Lois Dodd & Friends Explore the Night Sky”. 11:30 a.m. car pool from Kathy Hutchins’ house.
- March 21, Monday: 1 p.m. General Meeting at Morven; Joyce Felsenfeld, Princeton University Art Museum docent on “Notable Women in Art: How Many Can You Name?”
- March 25, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group, “Girl Waits with Gun” by Amy Stewart, at Marlene Gordon’s home.
Activities for February 2022:
- February 2022 Newsletter
- No trip in February.
- February 1, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. by Zoom).
- February 4, Friday: 1 p.m., First Friday Walk, Mercer County Park marina area (cancelled due to expected rain; to be rescheduled)
- February 11, Friday: 1 p.m., First Friday Walk, D & R Canal.
- February 16, Wednesday: US1 special issue on Women in Business, page 14 article, and ad with photos on page 12 about WCCPNJ.
- February 21, Monday: 1 p.m. General Meeting at Morven – Reverend Dr. David Mulford will speak on “The “Roaring Twenties and Its Presidents” (Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover). He will provide an overview of the 1920’s and discuss the presidents as individuals, and how they handled the issues of the times.
- February 24, Thursday: 12 noon, Lunching Out, Seasons52, MarketFair.
- February 25, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group, Please Look After Mom, by Kyung-Sook Shin. Janet Young’s home.
Past Activities for January 2022:
- January 2022 Newsletter
- No trip for January (see January 2022 Newsletter).
- January 4, Tuesday: Board Meeting (10 a.m. by Zoom).
- January 7, Friday: 1 p.m., snow cancellation First Friday Walk, Alexander Rd. / D& R Canal
- January 21, Friday: 12 noon, Lunching Out, Cheesecake Factory at Quakerbridge Mall.
- January 24, Monday: General Meeting-cancelled (see January 2022 Newsletter)
- January 28, Friday: 1 p.m. Book Group, Charming Billy by Alice McDermott. Janet Young’s home.
Past Activities for December 2021:
- December 2021 Newsletter with Flyer
- December 3, Friday, 10:30 AM: Walking Group at Rosedale Park, Pennington.
- December 7, Tuesday, Board Meeting. 9:30 a.m. at Connie’s.
- December 9, Thursday, noon: Lunching Out, Capuano’s at West Windsor.
- December 10, Friday: Book Group, Montana 1948, at Janet Young’s home.
- December 16, Thursday: Trip – Mitchener Museum in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, 9:30 a.m. carpool from Kathy’s.
- December 20, Monday: 1:00 PM, General Meeting, Holly Jolly Music and Sing-Along with Julie Markavitch-Caudle on Keyboard. Pianist Julie Markavitch–Caudle is the Director of Music at the First Presbyterian Church of Hamilton Square on Nottingham Way. December Program Flyer.
Past Activities for November 2021:
- November 2, Tuesday: Board Meeting
- November 5, Friday, 9:30 AM: Walking Group at Mercer County Park.
- November 6, Saturday: November 2021 Newsletter
- November 8, Monday, noon: Lunching Out, P.F. Chang.
- November 15, Monday: 1:00 PM, General Meeting, presenter Mr. William Hart: on “War of the Worlds–A West Windsor Story with a Plainsboro Twist”
- November 30, Tuesday: 1:30 p.m. Movie Group, meet at AMC Marketfair lobby, to see “Belfast”
- November: Book Group: no meeting. Next meeting in December.
- November: Trip: no trip for November. Next trip in December.
Past Activities for October 2021:
- October 1, Friday: 9:30 a.m.: Walking Group at Mercer County Park
- October 5, Tuesday: Board Meeting by Zoom.
- October 10, Sunday: October 2021 Newsletter.
- October 18, Monday: General Meeting Michele Granberg, Mindset Coach.
- October 22, Friday at noon: Lunching Out Acacia
- October 27, Wednesday: Trip to Lambertville, and Phillip’s Mill.
- October 28, Thursday: Book Group, at 1 PM, A Sudden Light book by Garth Stein.